The original project proposal for the renovation of the oldest parts of the hospital was amended, submitted to Wilde Ganzen and has met approval. The agreed budget amounts to close to 43,000 €. Smarter Hospital has raised her part of the funding (28,650 €) which Wilde Ganzen will supplement to the required total budget. The local building contractor Mosmed Construction and General Services will be contracted for the project implementation which is expected to start in November 2020.
The project consists of two main parts:
1. Construction of a separate building to accommodate a digital X-ray.
It is intended to acquire a digital X-ray machine under the Extension of diagnostic and treatment project. For this equipment a separate building has to be constructed. Since Mosmed Construction will be working on the renovation, from an Economy of Effort viewpoint it has been decided to construct this building at the same time.
2. Renovation and major maintenance of the two lower floors of the hospital.
These activities encompass amongst others:
- Painting outer walls, doors and metal work (whole hospital)
- Inside painting
- Plastering and painting front fence
- Plastering of ceilings where necessary
- Replacing all internal doors
- Re-tiling ground floor
- Re-tiling all sanitary spaces
- Major maintenance of complete sanitary and plumbing installation
- Expansion of Laboratory space